Friday 24 May 2019

Hanmer Springs School Camp



This week my class and I went on camp to Hanmer Springs. We left on Monday at around 8.30am and we arrived just before 12pm. We were put into 5 different activity groups for the 3 days and the activities we had to do were tree climbing, orienteering, mountain biking, Conical Hill and a cemetery and bush sculpture activity.


On the first day my group and I went orienteering in the bush. I found it boring because we just walked around and found some of the markers. My group came second to last. Then we got to go the hot pools which was cool because we got to go down the super bowl. I went down heaps with my friends.

On the second day we went tree climbing. We had to put a harness on and learnt how to abseil down the trees. On the first 2 trees I managed to make it to the top but the third tree was too high. I enjoyed this activity. Then we went mountain biking. This was my favourite activity because I'm good at it and I do it at home.
Then we went to the cemetery and on a walk. We saw some cool wooden carvings that had been placed in the forest. After this activity we got to go back to the hot pools.

On the third day we went on another walk up Conical Hill. Then we went to the lolly shop and then it was time to go home.
I enjoyed camp and would like to go back.


8 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Simeon,
    Thank you for sharing your camp experience with us. I really enjoyed camp and I hope you did too!
    What was your favourite activity? I really enjoyed watching you boys go round and round the superbowl, you are much braver than me as it was freezing! What was your favourite activity?
    Keep up the great blogging, I would love to see some more of your work posted on your blog.
    Miss H :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! Simeon, My name is Junior from Totora 4 I am 11 years old. I love your writing about Hanmer Springs it's awesome all the writing about Hanmer Springs remind me of all the AMAZING! and GREAT! time that we all have. Maybe next time you could add in some more photo's of camp so that we could all see how much fun you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Simeon
    This is Lochy/Lochlan from T4 I like your story and how you put it in order of how you did the activity at camp. I also went to camp and it was so much fun. Who was your favourite cabin mate? Next time you should try and get more pictures of camp if you can but apart from that it was a amazing peach so adios.

    your truly lochlan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Simeon well done on youre blog post i like the way you added the photo of the wooden giant and all the detaled writing i just wanted to know what was youre favorite part of camp and maybe next time you could add 1 or 2 more photos au revoir and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Simeon I enjoyed camp too but on one morning it was freezing! So I kinda hated but good blogpost keep doinh what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora,
    Iḿ oscar from gisborne intermediate and the camp looks really cool and fun where did you go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kia ora
    I'm Seth from Gisborne Intermediate. Your camp sounds like it was really fun as you did a lot of exciting things. Early this year me and my class went on a camp in Mahia. It was really fun as we did a ton of things like fishing,surfing,swimming and hiking. I hope you had a great time on camp.
    PLease visit my blog https://gisintsethi.blogspot.com/
    from
    Seth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.